Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pancake Love

Hey friends!

It has been awhile since I last posted. I have been working to get back into blogging and am planning to write some updates soon.

Until then, I wanted to share with you an idea I recently had. A week ago, I celebrated seven months of marriage with my husband and wanted to do something simple and sweet for him. This is what I came up with. Enjoy!

*Pancake Love*

What You'll Need:
1 Condiment Bottle
Pancake Mix
Griddle or Skillet

Mix up your pancake batter. 

Next, fill your clean condiment bottle with pancake mix. I found a set of 2 condiment bottles at Walmart for $1. I originally purchased them to use for decorating Christmas cookies, but they can be used for a lot of things.
After heating up the skillet, squeeze the batter onto the pan in fun designs. If you are writing words or phrases, I found it was helpful if you "wrote" in cursive and kept the letters connected (it makes flipping the pancake much easier and less messy).
 

This is what I came up with. 

For my hubby (I need to improve on my heart design, haha.)

I even created a heart with our initials in it. =)

I had a ton of fun with this idea! In the future, I might cut the tip of the bottle so the batter comes out thicker and the "pancakes" won't be so thin. 

Hope you try this out and enjoy making some designs of your own!

With love,


No comments:

Post a Comment