Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 Days of Good Things

So I decided that part of my Lenten focus is going to be improving how I see myself. My goal is to list one thing each day that I like about myself.  It can be physical or otherwise, but I have to list one thing per day. I've already started the list in a Word document, so hopefully I will remember to write one thing per day.

I also want to start limiting the number of times I head for the drive through and drink pop. I'm not cutting it out completely, but I could definitely stand to benefit from setting boundaries in how often I indulge. 

Today we went to a large flea market and looked at several shops full of antiques, Southern attire, and delicious homemade Mennonite goods. I had a productive day, picking up small gifts for my family members, as well as some delicious banana butter (don't knock it until you try it!) and a beautiful ring at an antique shop. It's gorgeous. 

We also went to a glass blowing art shop. We were able to catch one of the glass blowers making a vase...what a great experience! We were almost completely mesmerized watching the artist work the glass. I find myself wanting to learn how; how cool would that be?!

We grabbed a snack/linner at Five Guys burger joint...always order the regular size fries...because you shouldn't eat even a regular size order of fries by yourself! After that, we packed up and headed back to Massanutten Resort to relax and do homework.

I'm currently sipping a margarita and doing homework by the fireplace in our condo, surrounded by some of my best girlfriends and a wonderful woman who chose to hang out with us. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here on break. It's been wonderful to catch up with these ladies and see where life has and will be taking them. I love these ladies and pray the best for them. 

It's a movie/homework/junk food chat night. =) I'm excited!


With love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment