Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Cheerful Heart

 “The cheerful heart has a continual feast.” - Proverbs 15:15

I subscribe to daily e-mails from "Girlfriends in God," a daily devotional from Crosswalk.com. I am terrible at remembering and actually doing devotionals every day, so it's been rewarding to have my devotional sent to me daily. 

Today's message was from Mary Southerland and was entitled "Laugh it up!" In reading through the devotional, I realized its topic was finding joy. Great timing! It was such a blessing to read today.
You can read the entire devotional here but I wanted to give you a few highlights.

Some truths about Joy:
1.  Joy heals.  
Proverbs 17:22 - “A happy heart is like good medicine, but a broken spirit drains your strength.”

2.  Joy makes us strong.
Nehemiah 8:10 - “The joy of the Lord is your strength.”

3.  Joy makes the ordinary special.
 
As we learn to celebrate the ordinary things in life, we build a life of joy because it is against the backdrop of the ordinary that God’s work becomes extraordinary. 

So tonight, K's mom arrived to join us on our trip. =) And there was a surprise (I had an idea this was going to happen)...G showed up! I haven't seen G in a lonnnnng time and that's sad, as we used to live together. I've really missed G and I am happy to have this time to catch up with her!

That's about it for now. Goodnight all!

With love,
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment